The BR Class 52: Western is the third high-quality 3D train I’ve built.
This time, it’s one of the diesels, which replaced steam in the mid to late 1960s.
This loco requires a build of openBVE dated 03.06.2016 or later from http://www.openbve-project.net
- Realistic twin-engine traction modelling
- Working turbocharger
- A complete (Well, at least relatively…..) prototypical startup sequence
- Working cab fault lights
More details and download are on this page.
As readers of the various forums will probably know by now, over the last 9 months or so, I’ve been doing a lot of work to improve the main openBVE source.
In a lot of places, this hadn’t been touched for the better part of 7 years (Since Michelle left….), and there are multiple things that we simply couldn’t do.
I’m now the maintainer of the following site:
All future releases from BVE Cornwall will be designed to take advantage of the new features provided by these builds, which include:
- Properly moving bogies, with no physics based hacks.
- An easy graphical installer for route and train packages.
- Improved animation functions.
- Improved train plugin functions.
All the routes and trains hosted here will be re-done into packaged format (Eventually!)
If you’ve got ideas on how to take this simulator forwards, or would like to help code, please get in touch- We’d love to hear from you!